Recipe Corner - Vegetable Soup
I love soup. I will eat soup on a 90 degree day, just because. There are endless ways to combine ingredients to custom fit your taste buds.
Today, I'm sharing my favorite homemade soup, a simple combination of classic vegetables, cooked into yummy goodness.
Try it, and let me know what you think! What personal twist did you put on it? Swapped out spices? Made it vegan?
Here is a snapshot of my recipe book.
And the full recipe here:
3 cups diced potatoes (I use Yukon Gold)
1 cup sliced or diced carrots
1 small onion, diced
1 small head of broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
3 cups water
2 cups milk
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp parsley
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Mrs. Dash seasoning
shredded cheddar cheese (to top bowls)
1. Bring water to boil in a 4QT pot
2. Add all veggies and herbs to the water
3. Let boil for 5 minutes
4. Add in milk, butter, stir to mix, and let boil until veggies are softened
5. Add spices and seasonings
6. Add flour. Mix well to avoid clumps
7. Use potato masher to crush veggies to desired consistency
8. Continue to boil on low until ready to eat.
9. Add shredded cheddar cheese to garnish plated bowls. Serve with your favorite bread
A few notes:
If you use almond milk, it will not thicken up like using regular milk. Just add another tbsp of flour and stir, and then keep it on a low boil for 10 additional minutes, or as needed.
You can easily add additional spices and herbs to your taste preference.
If you love this recipe, tag your photos on social media with #grayranchdesign :)
Thanks for checking out my blog!